School Bus Accidents
we can help
request a free consultation
The “Danger Zone”
The school bus accident attorneys of our Truck Wreck Justice team believe that the safety of children should be a top concern in any community, and that even one school bus-related death is one too many. We represent the victims of school bus accidents in order to help them receive compensation and hold negligent parties accountable for their actions.
The 10-foot zone that surrounds a bus in all directions is referred to as the “danger zone” because the greatest number of accidents occur in this area — typically when children are boarding or disembarking from the bus. This zone is particularly dangerous for children, who are generally shorter in stature and not easily visible to bus drivers and other motorists. Drivers who drive through this “danger zone” in order to pass school buses that have stopped frequently cause some of the deadliest school bus-related accidents.
Our Legal Approach
A school bus accident can be a complex legal matter due to the number of factors involved. In any given case, multiple parties might bear responsibility. These can include the public school system, the local government (for road conditions), manufacturers of any defective auto products that played a role in the accident, and more.
The attorneys of the Truck Wreck Justice team have years of experience investigating complex bus accidents and uncovering the hidden causes behind a collision. Our school bus accident attorneys will work with a network of experts to canvas the scene of your accident, take pictures, interview witnesses, and reconstruct the crash using cutting-edge techniques. We use this information to create a tailored legal strategy that puts your needs before any other concern.
It’s important to remember that time is of the essence in a personal injury case, as witnesses forget details, evidence degrades, and information becomes harder to uncover over time. The sooner you contact our attorneys, the greater advantage we will have in gathering evidence, investigating your claim, and advocating on your behalf.
The Top 50 School Bus Companies
The following is a list of the top school bus companies in the country. Truck Wreck Justice Attorney Morgan Adams has handled cases against many of these carriers, and he has defended his clients’ rights against some of the most prominent names in the bus industry throughout his three-decade career in the field of truck and bus accident law.
The Top 50 School Bus Companies
1. First Student — Cincinnati
2. National Express LLC — Warrenville, Ill.
3. Student Transportation Inc. — Wall, N.J.
4. Illinois Central School Bus Co. — Joliet, Ill.
5. Cook-Illinois Corp. — Oak Brook, Ill.
6. George Krapf Jr. & Sons Inc. — West Chester, Pa.
7. WETransport — Plainview, N.Y.
8. Sharp Bus Lines Inc. — Brantford, Ontario
9. Reliant Transportation (a subsidiary of MV Transportation Inc.) — New York City
10. Lamers Bus Lines — Menasha, Wis.
11. Dean Transportation Inc. — Lansing, Mich.
12. North Reading Transportation — Methuen, Mass.
13. DATTCO Inc. — New Britain, Conn.
14. The Trans Group — Spring Valley, N.Y.
15. Suffolk Transportation Service Inc. — Bay Shore, N.Y.
16. Birnie Bus Service Inc. — Rome, N.Y.
17. Apple Bus Co. — Cleveland, Mo.
18. Huntington Coach Corp. — Huntington Station, N.Y.
19. W.L. Roenigk Inc. — Sarver, Pa.
20. All-Star Transportation — Waterbury, Conn.
21. GO Riteway Transportation Group — Richfield, Wis.
22. Royal Coach Lines Inc. — Yonkers, N.Y.
23. Rohrer Bus Service — Duncannon, Pa.
24. Sunrise Transportation — Crestwood, Ill.
25. Alltown Bus Service Inc. — Skokie, Ill.
26. Kobussen Buses Ltd. — Kaukauna, Wis.
27. Rolling V Companies — South Fallsburg, N.Y.
28. Pennsylvania Coach Lines Inc. — McKeesport, Pa.
29. Johnson School Bus Service — West Bend, Wis.
30. Robert’s Hawaii School Bus Inc. — Honolulu
31. Harlow’s Bus Service — Bismarck, N.D.
32. AA Transportation Co. Inc. — Shrewsbury, Mass.
33. Langs Bus Lines Ltd. — Strathroy, Ontario
34. Sheppard Bus Service — Bridgeton, N.J.
35. Monark Student Transportation Corp. — Gibsonia, Pa.
36. Selby Transportation Corp. — Bronx, N.Y.
37. Island Charter Inc. — Staten Island, N.Y.
38. Transporte Sonnell Inc. — Corozal, Puerto Rico
39. The New Britain Transportation Co. — New Britain, Conn.
40. Murphy Bus Lines — Arva, Ontario
40. Michael J. Connolly & Sons Inc. — Walpole, Mass.
42. Boyo Transportation — Harrisburg, Pa.
43. Quality Bus Service LLC — Sparrowbush, N.Y.
44. Le Groupe Gaudreault Inc. — St. Charles-Borromee, Quebec
45. Holcomb Bus Service — Bellmawr, N.J.
46. Butler’s Bus Service — Concord, N.H.
47. Mainline Transportation Inc. — Golden Valley, Minn.
47. McIlwain School Bus Lines — Johnstown, Pa.
49. Irvin Raphael Inc. — East Brunswick, N.J.
50. B and L Transportation — Larose, La.
Source: School Bus Fleet (2016)